Best Rowing Machine for Small Spaces
As a fitness enthusiast, I understand the importance of having the best rowing machine for small spaces in my workout routine. Not only does it provide a full-body workout, but it also helps to build endurance and burn calories.
However, finding the right rowing machine can be challenging, especially if you have limited space in your home gym. That’s why I’ve compiled a list of the best rowing machine for small spaces, so you can get the most out of your workout without sacrificing valuable floor space.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rower, these machines are guaranteed to give you a challenging and rewarding workout. So, let’s dive in and explore the best rowing machine for small spaces.
NordicTrack RW900 Rower
The Best rowing machine for small spaces is a great way to get a full-body workout, and having a rowing machine in your home gym is a convenient way to incorporate this exercise into your routine. However, finding a rowing machine that fits in a small space can be challenging. In this article, I’ll review the five best rowing machines for small spaces.
Table of Contents
- 1: Ergatta Rower – Best Foldable Smart Rowing Machine
- 2: Concept2 RowErg – Best Air Resistance Foldable Rower
- 3: NordicTrack RW900 Rower – Best Magnetic Foldable Rower
- 4: Stamina BodyTrac Glider – Best Portable Rower
- 5: Echelon Smart Rower – Best Affordable Smart Rower
- Tips for Buying a Compact or Foldable Rowing Machine
1: Ergatta Rower – Best Foldable Smart Rowing Machine
If you’re looking for the best rowing machine for small spaces, look no further than the Ergatta Rower. This foldable smart rowing machine is an absolute game-changer. With its beautiful wooden frame, it looks like a piece of furniture and can easily be stored vertically to save space. Plus, the wheels make it easy to move around your home.
But it’s not just about the design. The Ergatta Rower offers live races, workouts, and classes to keep you engaged and motivated. It’s perfect for those who are competitive and love racing against others or the clock. And with a weight limit of 500 lbs and a long rail suitable for those up to 6’8″, this machine is sturdy and can accommodate a variety of body types.
One of the best things about the Ergatta Rower is its water-resistance technology, which is incredibly quiet and won’t disturb your family or roommates. And while there is a monthly membership fee, it’s well worth it for access to the constantly updated library of workouts and challenges.
Here are the pros and cons of the Ergatta Rower:
- A beautiful foldable frame that can be stored vertically to save space
- Live races, workouts, and classes to keep you engaged and motivated
- Water-resistance technology that is quiet and won’t disturb others
- Sturdy frame with a weight limit of 500 lbs and a long rail suitable for those up to 6’8″
- Easy to move around your home with wheels
- Need an internet connection to access live races and workouts
- Requires an ongoing monthly membership fee (currently $29/month)
- Water-resistance technology requires some maintenance
Of course, there are a few cons to consider. You’ll need an internet connection to access live races and workouts, and the water-resistance technology does require some maintenance. But overall, the Ergatta Rower is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a smart best rowing machine for small spaces that won’t take up too much space in their home.
2: Concept2 RowErg – Best Air Resistance Foldable Rower
If you’re looking for a high-quality rowing machine that won’t take up too much space in your home gym, look no further than the Concept2 RowErg. This foldable rower is built to last, with a weight limit of up to 500 pounds, making it ideal for even the heaviest of users. Plus, with its two rowing heights and ability to separate into two pieces for storage, it’s a great choice for those with limited space.
While the Concept2 RowErg may not have all the bells and whistles of some of the other smart rowers on the market, it still offers Bluetooth connectivity for performance tracking, as well as 10 levels of resistance to challenge even the fittest of athletes. And while the fan flywheel can be a bit noisy when you’re really pushing yourself during a workout, the sturdy build of the rower more than makes up for it.
Here are some pros and cons of the Concept2 RowErg:
- Different rowing heights for user convenience
- Folds up into two pieces for easy storage in small spaces
- Can hold up to 500 lbs of weight
- Sturdy and durable design suitable for intense workouts
- 10 levels of resistance for added challenge
- Bluetooth connectivity for performance tracking
- No smart tech or live workout features
- Fan flywheel can be quite loud during intense workouts
- Separating the rower for storage takes a bit of effort
Overall, if you’re looking for a high-quality best rowing machine for small spaces that can hold up to even the most intense workouts, while still being easy to store in a small space, the Concept2 RowErg is definitely worth considering. So why not give it a try and see for yourself why it’s one of the most popular rowers on the market today?
3: NordicTrack RW900 Rower – Best Magnetic Foldable Rower
I want to share with you my experience with the NordicTrack RW900 Rower, which I can confidently say is the best rowing machine for small spaces. As someone who lives in a small apartment, I am always on the lookout for fitness equipment that can fit in my limited living space, and the RW900 definitely meets that criterion.
One of the standout features of the RW900 is its foldable design, which allows it to be easily stored in a corner or closet when not in use. This is a game-changer for those who don’t have a dedicated home gym and need to maximize their living space. The rower also has a sleek and ergonomic design, making it not only functional but also visually appealing.
In terms of performance, the RW900 does not disappoint. It uses magnetic resistance, which provides a smooth and quiet rowing experience. The machine has 26 levels of resistance, allowing you to adjust the intensity of your workout to your liking. Additionally, the max weight limit of almost 400 lbs is a testament to the durability and sturdiness of the machine.
While the RW900 does require a separate iFIT membership for live and on-demand workouts, it is well worth the investment. The interactive workouts are engaging and challenging, and the large HD screen provides a truly immersive experience. However, I do acknowledge that the folding mechanism can be a bit awkward, especially with the large screen, but it’s a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.
Here are the pros and cons of the NordicTrack RW900 Rower:
- Foldable design for easy storage in small spaces
- Ergonomic and visually appealing design
- Magnetic resistance provides a smooth and quiet rowing experience
- 26 levels of resistance for adjustable workout intensity
- The max weight limit of almost 400 lbs reflects the durability
- Compatible with iFIT for live and on-demand workouts
- Requires separate iFIT membership for interactive workouts
- Need connectivity for iFIT and interactive workouts
- The folding mechanism can be awkward, especially with a large HD screen
Overall, if you’re looking for a top-performing rowing machine that can fit in small spaces, the NordicTrack RW900 is definitely worth considering. Its foldable design, magnetic resistance, and compatibility with iFIT make it a great investment for anyone looking to enhance their home workout routine.
4: Stamina BodyTrac Glider – Best Portable Rower
Look no further because I’ve got the perfect recommendation for you – the Stamina BodyTrac Glider. As a fitness blogger, I have personally used and tested this compact rower, and I can confidently say it is the best option for small spaces.
One of the best things about the Stamina BodyTrac Glider is its affordability. Coming in under $400, it offers a budget-friendly option for those who want to keep fit without breaking the bank. It is also incredibly easy to adjust, making it a great option for people of all sizes.
The machine is very compact and folds down easily, which is perfect for small spaces like apartments or home gyms. It can even fit under a bed! Although it has a weight limit of 250 lbs, it is still a great option for many people who want a compact, easy-to-use rower.
Of course, like any product, there are some cons to consider. The hydraulic resistance offers a different experience compared to other rowing machines, and the light frame may not feel as sturdy as other models. However, if you are looking for a small, affordable rower that gets the job done, the Stamina BodyTrac Glider is definitely worth considering.
Here are the pros and cons of the Stamina BodyTrac Glider:
- Easy to adjust
- Compact and folds down to fit under a bed
- Smooth rowing motion
- Great for small spaces
- Good for people of all sizes
- Hydraulic resistance offers a different experience compared to other rowing machines
- The light frame doesn’t feel as sturdy as other models
- Weight limit of 250 lbs
Overall, I highly recommend the Stamina BodyTrac Glider as the best rowing machine for small spaces. Its compact size, affordability, and ease of use make it a great choice for anyone looking to stay fit in the comfort of their own home.
5: Echelon Smart Rower – Best Affordable Smart Rower
If you’re tight on space but still want to invest in a quality rowing machine, then the Echelon Smart Rower is definitely worth considering. This sleek and modern-looking rowing machine is perfect for small apartments or home gyms where space is at a premium.
The Echelon Smart Rower offers a smooth and quiet rowing experience, with 32 levels of resistance to choose from. You can easily adjust the intensity of your workout with just the flick of a button on the bar. This makes it great for dynamic workouts where you want to push yourself to your limits.
One of the best things about the Echelon Smart Rower is that it’s a smart rowing machine that can connect to your phone or tablet. You can enjoy immersive workouts through the Echelon app and even take part in live and on-demand classes. However, it’s worth noting that you do need to pay for a separate Echelon membership at $34.99 a month for access to these features.
In terms of design, the Echelon Smart Rower isn’t the most space-saving rowing machine on the market, but it’s still relatively easy to fold up and move around thanks to the wheels.
Here are the pros and cons of the Echelon Smart Rower:
- Quality rower for under $1,000.
- Quiet home rowing machine.
- Enjoy immersive workouts through your phone or tablet.
- 32 levels of resistance for dynamic workouts.
- Relatively easy to fold up and move around.
- Sleek and modern-looking design.
- Not the most space-saving design in terms of how it folds.
- Without membership, it’s actually quite expensive for just the rower.
Overall, if you’re looking for a quality rowing machine for small spaces that won’t break the bank, the Echelon Smart Rower is definitely worth considering. Just be aware of the additional cost of the Echelon membership if you want to access all of the smart features.
Tips for Buying a Compact or Foldable Rowing Machine
If you’re looking for a compact or foldable best rowing machine for small spaces, there are a few things you should keep in mind to make sure you’re getting the best machine for your needs:
- Consider the dimensions: When shopping for a compact rowing machine, pay attention to the dimensions of the machine when it’s fully assembled and when it’s folded up. Make sure you have enough space to comfortably use the machine, but also that you can store it easily when you’re not using it.
- Look for easy folding mechanisms: Not all foldable rowing machines are created equal. Some are much easier to fold up and store than others, so look for machines that have simple and intuitive folding mechanisms. This will save you time and effort when you’re setting up and putting away your machine.
- Check the weight limit: Make sure the rowing machine you choose can accommodate your weight. Most machines have weight limits of around 250-300 pounds, but it’s always best to double-check before making a purchase.
- Think about the resistance levels: Resistance is key when it comes to getting a good workout on a rowing machine. Look for machines that offer a range of resistance levels, so you can adjust the intensity of your workout as needed.
- Read reviews: Before making a purchase, take some time to read reviews from other customers. Look for machines with mostly positive reviews, and pay attention to any common complaints or issues that are mentioned.
By keeping these tips in mind, you should be able to find a compact or foldable rowing machine that fits your needs and your budget.
1: What is a compact or foldable rowing machine?
A compact or foldable rowing machine is a type of exercise equipment that is designed to take up less space in your home or gym. These machines can be easily folded up and stored away when not in use, making them ideal for people with limited space.
2: Are compact or foldable rowing machines as effective as full-sized machines?
Yes, compact or foldable rowing machines can be just as effective as full-sized machines. They offer the same range of motion and resistance levels, but in a smaller package. The key is to find a machine that fits your body and your fitness level.
3: How much do compact or foldable rowing machines cost?
The cost of a compact or foldable rowing machine can vary depending on the brand, features, and quality. You can find machines for as little as $200, but some high-end models can cost over $1,000.
4: Can I get a good workout on a compact or foldable rowing machine?
Yes, you can get a great workout on a compact or foldable rowing machine. These machines provide a low-impact, full-body workout that can help you build strength and endurance.
5: How much space do I need for a compact or foldable rowing machine?
The amount of space you need for a compact or foldable rowing machine will vary depending on the specific model. Before making a purchase, measure the space where you plan to use and store the machine to make sure it will fit comfortably. Most machines require around 7-8 feet of space when fully extended.